Tuesday 13 November 2012

Message from Katherine Applegate, author of "The One and Only Ivan"

Last term when we finished reading "The One and Only Ivan" we emailed the author - Katherine Applegate to tell her how much we loved her book. We also asked her a few questions. Today we got a reply from her. it was very exciting getting a reply as we know she is very busy.

Here is the reply.........

Hello to beautiful New Zealand, and thanks for your note. Your questions were :


> How long did it take you to write the story?        

Two or three months plus the publishing cycle

> Did you go and study how gorillas behaved?    

I read a lot of books, plus a zoo visit

> How did you know about Ivan?                           

 Can't quite remember .. a news story I think

> Did you ever go and see Ivan?                            

Yes .. my daughter Julia and I went to see him

Thanks again for writing to me.

Katherine Applegate



1 comment:

  1. I am so exited that we got a reply From Rose

    ReplyDelete