- there was water and liquefaction coming up all over the field
- lots of people were crying and screaming
- my mum and dad were in the CBD
- the teachers were calling our our names to make sure we were all safe
- we had to get under the tables, it was really scary. The heaters above me were swaying so much I thought they would fall down
- A lot of people were scared and crying at school, so I helped people fee better
- The power got cut off and I had a few days without power and water
- I had to use a bucket for a toilet for a few days - I was scared it would tip over!!!
- Parts of the playground fell down where I was
- When I got home my house was on a big angle
- A few people got hurt at school
- When I got home just about everything had fallen over
- My bed tipped over
- I was on the playground when it happened. I was scared and I had problems getting down and then stepped into liquefaction.
- I had to sleep on the floor on a matress for a long time after the quake
- My mum came to school to save me
- My mirror fell off the wall and smashed
- I was terrified waiting for my mum and dad to get me. They were stuck in traffic and it took them along time to get to school
- I was pertrified
- I felt scared waiting for my mum to mum and get me from school, I didnt know where she was
Friday, 22 February 2013
Earthquake memorial day
Two years ago on February 22 2011 at 12.51 a huge earthquake hit Christchurch. It changed our lives. These are some of our memories and feelings of that day.