Wednesday 7 August 2013

Christchurch Quake Memorial Vandalism

In Christchurch there is a memorial of 185 white chairs to remember the people who died in the earthquakes. This is a very special memorial to remember such a tragic happening.

In The Press today there is a very upsetting article.

Some people have stolen and or vandalised some of the chairs. :( :(
Kate - I am very disappointed that people would do that.
Mila - I am not happy that people would be that selfish to steal chairs that are there to remember people. I don't like bullies
Luke - I am very sad people did that.
Callaghan - I hate people who have stolen the chairs or have done graffiti on the chairs, it makes me feel worse. When will they stop?
Katie - I am not happy that people did this. I wish they hadn't done this, it is such a special place of chairs.
Chayse- I am not happy that people did this just for fun and stealing
Chloe - I am very disapointed and not happy that people stole these special chairs.
Sullivan - It is very disappointing that people did graffiti on the chairs. It was disrespectful.
Georgie - I am upset because the chairs are there for a special reason and the people should be disappointed in themselves.
Ameya - I am disappointed because I dont like people stealing things and the chairs were there for a special reason
Siena - I am upset because I know someone who died in the earthquake. It is very rude to do such a thing
Sam - Its believable that people would do this to our city and they they should be punished
Darren - I am angry at the people who did this. They need to be punished and deserve to go to prison.






2 comments:

  1. I was absolutely gutted when I read of the theft in this morning's paper. When I do drive into town I always go past this Memorial. I do hope we get the chairs back. It is very sad. Mrs Viv Mills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are very touching, 9plus10. I feel angry that anyone could be so disrespectful towards something that means so much to the families, friends and people of Chch.
    I wonder what can be done to stop the vandals? Can you think of a solution? Long before the earthquakes there was a public space in town which was often vandalised so the council put in big speakers and played awful music very loudly to annoy the vandals and drive them away! Isn't that funny? I wonder what kind of music they played because apparently it was successful!

    Take care, 9 plus 10.

    Mrs C-M, 8Cshs.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete